Salukis get first 2020 commitment

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Re: Salukis get first 2020 commitment

Postby Mac13 » February 13th, 2020, 6:24 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
saluki bob wrote:He's been lighting it up lately as well with games of 28,36 and 46. He's making a push for Mr. Basketball in Wisconsin. Could the Salukis grab that guy 2 years in a row???!!! :Yea!:

He won’t be Mr Basketball.

Not what a top Wisconsin prep basketball scout reported on Twitter :lol: :lol:

"2020 PG Dalton Banks (6-2) of Eau Claire North finished with 36 points, 16 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 steals tonight in a 72-69 win over Eau Claire Memorial. Banks in the running for the Mr. Basketball award as he is having a huge senior season." - Mark Miller, @WisBBYearbook
Mac13
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby tribecalledquest » February 14th, 2020, 8:15 am

Mac13 wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:
saluki bob wrote:He's been lighting it up lately as well with games of 28,36 and 46. He's making a push for Mr. Basketball in Wisconsin. Could the Salukis grab that guy 2 years in a row???!!! :Yea!:

He won’t be Mr Basketball.

Not what a top Wisconsin prep basketball scout reported on Twitter :lol: :lol:

"2020 PG Dalton Banks (6-2) of Eau Claire North finished with 36 points, 16 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 steals tonight in a 72-69 win over Eau Claire Memorial. Banks in the running for the Mr. Basketball award as he is having a huge senior season." - Mark Miller, @WisBBYearbook

“In the running” and winning the award are two entirely different things as I am sure you are aware of.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Saluki1990 » February 24th, 2020, 7:42 pm

"2020 PG Dalton Banks (6-2) of Eau Claire North finished with 36 points, 16 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 steals tonight in a 72-69 win over Eau Claire Memorial. Banks in the running for the Mr. Basketball award as he is having a huge senior season." - Mark Miller, @WisBBYearbook[/quote]

“In the running” and winning the award are two entirely different things as I am sure you are aware of.[/quote]

Seriously can you point to us where siu hurt you ? From reading your comments on here and on pjstarfanforum, you seriously have an issue. Is it because we fired bbq Barry? Or is it because Mullins got to 10 wins in his first year and it took wardle like 6. Every one of your comments shows how weirdly obsessed with hating on siu you are. Kinda sad to be honest.
Saluki1990
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby tribecalledquest » February 25th, 2020, 12:20 pm

Saluki1990 wrote:"2020 PG Dalton Banks (6-2) of Eau Claire North finished with 36 points, 16 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 steals tonight in a 72-69 win over Eau Claire Memorial. Banks in the running for the Mr. Basketball award as he is having a huge senior season." - Mark Miller, @WisBBYearbook

“In the running” and winning the award are two entirely different things as I am sure you are aware of.[/quote]

Seriously can you point to us where siu hurt you ? From reading your comments on here and on pjstarfanforum, you seriously have an issue. Is it because we fired bbq Barry? Or is it because Mullins got to 10 wins in his first year and it took wardle like 6. Every one of your comments shows how weirdly obsessed with hating on siu you are. Kinda sad to be honest.[/quote]

So because I don't think Dalton Banks will be Mr Basketball in Wisconsin means I "hate" SIU? He's a good player. But not signing on for him to be Mr Basketball doesn't mean I hate anything or anyone.

I tend to think the SIU Men's Basketball team isn't that great from a talent standpoint and has had a lot of luck in building its 10-6 record. All the data shows it to be more like a .500 team in the league.

Mullins didn't take over a terrible team. This wasn't him taking a team that had finished last place on numerous recent occasions. He has done a very good job. He did a smart job building the roster and he had some good luck with Marcus Domask.

I guess one thing you could say I "hate" on SIU is their style of play. Being in the bottom five in college basketball in pace of play is not something I enjoy. Personal preference I suppose. I would add that a team that starts and plays Ronnie Suggs 20+ minutes a night isn't that good of a team.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Saluki1990 » February 25th, 2020, 12:57 pm

Mullins also basically had to install a culture because bbq Barry wasn’t a real coach. Had no in game coaching skills or player relationship skills.
Saluki1990
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby tribecalledquest » February 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm

Saluki1990 wrote:Mullins also basically had to install a culture because bbq Barry wasn’t a real coach. Had no in game coaching skills or player relationship skills.

Ahh. "Culture".
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Salukimadness86 » February 25th, 2020, 6:35 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Saluki1990 wrote:Mullins also basically had to install a culture because bbq Barry wasn’t a real coach. Had no in game coaching skills or player relationship skills.

Ahh. "Culture".

Do you know what the term "culture" represents in athletics? I doubt it.

As far as your thoughts that SIU is not a.very good team, keep in mind we lost arguably our best player Cook two games into the season. Also lost our 2nd best post player in Sekou to a broken leg in BU game. Mullins and staff added 10 players, in a short amount of time. He has played four freshmen significant minutes. 10-6 for team that was picked TENTH! Yup, were just not very good. Too funny. Future is extremely bright for Saluki hoops!
Gargoyles are hideous.
Salukimadness86
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » February 26th, 2020, 7:44 am

Salukimadness86 wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:

Ahh. "Culture".

Do you know what the term "culture" represents in athletics? I doubt it.

As far as your thoughts that SIU is not a.very good team, keep in mind we lost arguably our best player Cook two games into the season. Also lost our 2nd best post player in Sekou to a broken leg in BU game. Mullins and staff added 10 players, in a short amount of time. He has played four freshmen significant minutes. 10-6 for team that was picked TENTH! Yup, were just not very good. Too funny. Future is extremely bright for Saluki hoops!
Gargoyles are hideous.

Changing the Culture is the buzzword phrase coaches learn when they go to Cliche Camp every summer.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Saluki1990 » February 26th, 2020, 8:09 am

I mean you can say that all you want, but it's a real thing when it comes to team building. Barry hinson is the best example possible of a coach who didnt create a culture and look what happened, he has retired from coaching in shame.
Saluki1990
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby tribecalledquest » February 26th, 2020, 9:20 am

Saluki1990 wrote:I mean you can say that all you want, but it's a real thing when it comes to team building. Barry hinson is the best example possible of a coach who didnt create a culture and look what happened, he has retired from coaching in shame.

Who determines whether a "Culture" was or wasn't built? Can a team have a "Culture" even if it's a bad one? Coaches love to say they have built a culture because it's impossible to evaluate.

Did Barry "retire from coaching in shame?" Is he shamed?

Barry was flawed. It was probably time for Barry to go. But let's stop acting like he was the worst coach in college basketball.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting