Skylar Wicks : New Bear

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby BEARZ77 » March 1st, 2020, 1:07 pm

Bears get verbal from 6'6 PG Skylar Wicks from Surge Christian Academy in Clearwater Fla. Prep school kid who had offers from TCU, DePaul, Florida Gulf Coast, Siena, among others. Really like this kid as he is a PG and legitimately in the 6'6 range. Like the fact both our commits for next year so far are a year older prep school kids, both long 6'5 and 6'6 and both versatile guards that fit what Ford is looking for as far as length, athleticism. At least 3 more scholys to fill for 2020.

Bears in the final 5 for Garland Texas 6'8 PF Donte Houston along with SLU, New Mexico, UCF, Middle Tennessee St. .
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Skylar Wicks : New Bear

Postby tribecalledquest » March 2nd, 2020, 9:15 am

BEARZ77 wrote:Bears get verbal from 6'6 PG Skylar Wicks from Surge Christian Academy in Clearwater Fla. Prep school kid who had offers from TCU, DePaul, Florida Gulf Coast, Siena, among others. Really like this kid as he is a PG and legitimately in the 6'6 range. Like the fact both our commits for next year so far are a year older prep school kids, both long 6'5 and 6'6 and both versatile guards that fit what Ford is looking for as far as length, athleticism. At least 3 more scholys to fill for 2020.

Bears in the final 5 for Garland Texas 6'8 PF Donte Houston along with SLU, New Mexico, UCF, Middle Tennessee St. .

Do you share the same concern I do about kids who are Prep School kids who aren't originally from the Midwest Region? A Jersey kid to Springfield, MO via Florida seems riskier to me than most recruits.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: Skylar Wicks : New Bear

Postby BEARZ77 » March 2nd, 2020, 10:00 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:Bears get verbal from 6'6 PG Skylar Wicks from Surge Christian Academy in Clearwater Fla. Prep school kid who had offers from TCU, DePaul, Florida Gulf Coast, Siena, among others. Really like this kid as he is a PG and legitimately in the 6'6 range. Like the fact both our commits for next year so far are a year older prep school kids, both long 6'5 and 6'6 and both versatile guards that fit what Ford is looking for as far as length, athleticism. At least 3 more scholys to fill for 2020.

Do you share the same concern I do about kids who are Prep School kids who aren't originally from the Midwest Region? A Jersey kid to Springfield, MO via Florida seems riskier to me than most recruits.

Yeah I think it's always a concern given the geography , and that increases if the player isn't fairly quickly in the rotation . But , I like the fact we are targeting mostly 4 year guys , although I do suspect we will add at least a juco still, maybe more as we have 3 open scholys , but the first two have gone to prep school guys.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting