Drake Coach - On Drugs?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Drake Coach - On Drugs?

Postby hot nuts » January 13th, 2015, 1:33 pm

Seems to me Giacoletti is positioning himself to get the Redbird coaching job. That sneaky son of a gun.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BTbird » January 13th, 2015, 1:37 pm

Aargh wrote:
BTbird wrote:I'm not really sure what has happened to get all this love on our talent.

It's pretty simple. Muller ran the score up on Giacaletti. Marshall didn't. As Muller matures as a coach, he may someday learn to have the class that Marshall displays.

Last time Drake played at Redbird ISU won 81-45
Last time Drake played at Koch WSU won 83–54
BTbird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Redbird23 » January 13th, 2015, 6:11 pm

Aargh wrote:
BTbird wrote:I'm not really sure what has happened to get all this love on our talent.

It's pretty simple. Muller ran the score up on Giacaletti. Marshall didn't. As Muller matures as a coach, he may someday learn to have the class that Marshall displays.

I don't think he was able to. It's comments like this why a lot of people in the Valley hate Wichita instead of root for them, which gives success and attention to the conference... :Bam:
Ready for Arch Madness
Redbird23
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby dabirds0987 » January 13th, 2015, 7:10 pm

I believe the context was regarding depth, 1 vs 1 (FVV vs Lee), 2 vs 2 (Baker vs Knight) through 12 vs 12, ISU would win the majority of the matchups. Much ado about nothing, all I would care about is winning. I do find it interesting that a few WSU fans seem to get worked up over anything ISU.
dabirds0987
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby SHOXMVC » January 13th, 2015, 7:41 pm

dabirds0987 wrote:I believe the context was regarding depth, 1 vs 1 (FVV vs Lee), 2 vs 2 (Baker vs Knight) through 12 vs 12, ISU would win the majority of the matchups. Much ado about nothing, all I would care about is winning. I do find it interesting that a few WSU fans seem to get worked up over anything ISU.

I will let the basketball experts on this fine forum debate the individual match ups between WSU & ILS. I don't know the Birds personnel that well. The individual battles may truly fall in the nest of the Birds. If that is the case, that means the 3G/DM match up is dominated by 3G, because there is a good chance WSU will win 3-5 more conference games than ILS. As you said, all I care about is winning. :dance:
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby rlh04d » January 13th, 2015, 8:20 pm

Illinois State isn't more talented than Evansville 1-12.

They're probably more talented than Evansville overall, but not 1-12.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » January 13th, 2015, 8:54 pm

dabirds0987 wrote:I believe the context was regarding depth, 1 vs 1 (FVV vs Lee), 2 vs 2 (Baker vs Knight) through 12 vs 12, ISU would win the majority of the matchups. Much ado about nothing, all I would care about is winning. I do find it interesting that a few WSU fans seem to get worked up over anything ISU.

Well, Muller is still 0 for against WSU, and Illinois State is something like 1-10 in the last 11 meetings. It sure seems like the winning part has been hard to come by, even with a more talented Illinois State squad.

Have you read your message board? Redbird fans have major hard-ons for WSU/Marshall. I suppose that's natural when you are getting owned so badly in a series.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbird Recon » January 13th, 2015, 8:58 pm

Aargh wrote:

1. Muller didn't run the score up. If he would have, I'd have gotten free wings.
2. Coach Gia made that comment before the game was played. I think he was trying to make a point about our depth. You could make a case that we have a better bench than the Shox, but that's as far as I'd go.
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby rlh04d » January 14th, 2015, 9:09 pm

Redbird Recon wrote:
Aargh wrote:

1. Muller didn't run the score up. If he would have, I'd have gotten free wings.
2. Coach Gia made that comment before the game was played. I think he was trying to make a point about our depth. You could make a case that we have a better bench than the Shox, but that's as far as I'd go.

6-12 we could legitimately discuss. IlSt might win that comparison.

Unfortunately Muller's vote and Ray's comments make IlSt's record right now hilarious.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUShock » January 15th, 2015, 6:01 am

PantherSigEp wrote:Who's GodShawGod?

A Valleytalk blast from the past!
DUShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball