Who will be named 2015-16 MVC Freshman of the Year?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will be named 2015-16 MVC Freshman of the Year?

Poll ended at October 26th, 2015, 3:59 pm

Harris Brown - Evansville
13%
Obediah Church - Missouri State
No votes
Roland Griffin - Illinois State
25%
Luke McDonnell - UNI
5%
Markis McDuffie - Wichita State
No votes
Joel Okafor - Bradley
18%
Dominik Olejniczak - Drake
10%
Emondre Rickman - Indiana State
3%
Landry Shamet - Wichita State
20%
Billy Wampler - Drake
8%

Total votes : 40

Re: Who will be named 2015-16 MVC Freshman of the Year?

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 30th, 2016, 11:38 am

Thank you for at least commenting about the potential to have cordial conversations. Yes, there are fans on the Redbird site (I don't post there) that are very one-sided, however you can say the same about Shockernet and many of your fans. I also think many do respect the Shox on that site, but are over-ran by posters who do not. I'm sure the same goes for Shockernet.

As I said, the majority are very even keeled fans, but the people who post on team message boards are the ones who are making their viewpoints most public. It also reflects a very small portion of the fan base, given many don't bother posting on fan websites. However, people like us only see these specific people as they are the one's being vocal in a public forum.

I like this website because it's more fans of MVC basketball. Hardly any hatred or arguing back and forth, just good conversation about teams/games, etc.

The one exception to me is Championz who spits that venom towards other schools fans (specifically ISUr) that causes these back n forths. Others might be okay to put up with it, but not me. I will call him out for his crap even when he keeps spitting back at me with more hatred and anger than the post before. It doesn't affect me like it might others, so I won't run away like so many who have challenged him in the past.

Thanks for saying something and I totally agree with your post.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Redhawk » January 30th, 2016, 12:41 pm

Mvcfan.....appreciate the history lesson regarding WSU @ ISUr but understand that:
-The coach you mentioned (Jank) left ISUr in 2012
- Kung Fu Jackie graduated in 2013
- Dana Ford....the central figure in the discord between programs has been gone 2 years

More importantly though is the fact that this is MVCFans not Redbirdfan.
What is said there is biased and a lot of the times over the top especially regarding
Bradley @ WSU. That is why I prefer this site to have intelligent exchanges regarding all
MVC teams.

There are a few Redbirds fans like myself that are trying to engage this board with some
Pertinent info and opinions regarding the Birds but when every topic turns into
ISUr is irrelevant or Redbird fans are all jerks....what's the point of it all?
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvcfan » January 30th, 2016, 3:41 pm

I appreciate both Redhawk and MVC Fan2 on this board, and I think that Championz would be best served if he/she also recognized that you are not what is being represented on the Redbird board or one or two others who come here and pollute this board. But while the shockernet is definitely biased, and sometimes it gets out of hand, there are very few venomous statements toward Muller, Hawkins (some negative comments but for the most part debate worthy stances)- for example I don't think that Muller has a handle on how to discipline his talented players and the lack of discipline shows in their play on the court) or any other of your current players. But anyone who ventures over to the Redbird board is not just met with bias. Instead, it moves from bias to a lot of serious venom towards Marshall and WSU (A few fans are just biased, some are balanced, and more than a few are venomous).
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Championz » January 30th, 2016, 3:58 pm

mvcfan wrote:I appreciate both Redhawk and MVC Fan2 on this board, and I think that Championz would be best served if he/she also recognized that you are not what is being represented on the Redbird board or one or two others who come here and pollute this board. But while the shockernet is definitely biased, and sometimes it gets out of hand, there are very few venomous statements toward Muller, Hawkins (some negative comments but for the most part debate worthy stances)- for example I don't think that Muller has a handle on how to discipline his talented players and the lack of discipline shows in their play on the court) or any other of your current players. But anyone who ventures over to the Redbird board is not just met with bias. Instead, it moves from bias to a lot of serious venom towards Marshall and WSU (A few fans are just biased, some are balanced, and more than a few are venomous).

Yep, it's a complete joke over at Redbirdfan. I mean there's people over there wishing personal injury to Ron Baker and Gregg Marshall. Nothing comes CLOSE to that at Shockernet.

It's a completely different and abNormal breed over there. They are trash. And it really pisses them off that WSU owns them in all phases possible. Like I said, imagine that fanbase if they were actually good at basketball.

mvcfans2 doesn't understand any of this and gets his panties in a wad too easily. A month ago he cried and said he was gonna ignore me forever. That changed in a little over a week. I have him wrapped too easily around me.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 30th, 2016, 6:14 pm

How do I not understand that? I even said some are way over the top, but to generalize the entire fan base that way is JUST WRONG.

I chose to not ignore you after all the other people who call out your BS ran to hide. I'm going to keep calling you out. Any crap you spew, it will be called out. Keep it coming or become cordial...

But from the looks of the thread you started today, it appears to be more of the same.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » January 30th, 2016, 6:53 pm

So, who is leading for FoY now?

If you ignore trolls, they have nothing.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » January 31st, 2016, 11:12 am

Markis McDuffie.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby heartless » February 1st, 2016, 9:50 am

Jared Dixon, doesn't deserve to win, but my goodness this kid has taken off lately. Church has been good and made a huge impact (for us), but Dixon, he is like Spiderman out there.

ho-hum first 30-35 minutes against ISUR, then 2 steals, crazy flip shot and just about anything else you can ask from a freshman.
heartless
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby outpost » February 1st, 2016, 10:30 am

mvcfan2 wrote:Yep sorry.
The sad part is WSU and ISUr fans really got along until the "nut punch" game. Before that I remember cheering for WSU and vice versae in the Valley tourney...

Now that you have tasted success in recent years, the noses have turned up as if better than everyone else.

WSU fans only follow and support the team, their team's success does not equal your personal success. No need to act "better" than everyone else just because of who you cheer for. That is my problem with that poster. Nobody, calls him out. Everyone who has disappears from the website as if Championz scared them off like a bully....meanwhile other WSU fans ignore his outrageous posts and don't self regulate your own fans.

I think that the majority of the WSU fan base feels like WSU has "raised the bar" in most sports. I am one (and I know there are many others) who feel disappointed that (most of) the rest of The Valley hasn't tried harder to keep up.

It starts with excitement and enthusiasm of the coaches and administrators, followed by dedication and participation by the fan bases. Then community support catches on. Emphasize your legacies. Schedule up and challenge yourselves!

I like what Wardle is doing at Bradley.....building it up after burning it down. Results are not good this year, but if all of the above criteria stays strong, they could be back in the mix in a couple of years.
outpost
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 1st, 2016, 10:43 am

outpost wrote:
mvcfan2 wrote:Yep sorry.
The sad part is WSU and ISUr fans really got along until the "nut punch" game. Before that I remember cheering for WSU and vice versae in the Valley tourney...

Now that you have tasted success in recent years, the noses have turned up as if better than everyone else.

WSU fans only follow and support the team, their team's success does not equal your personal success. No need to act "better" than everyone else just because of who you cheer for. That is my problem with that poster. Nobody, calls him out. Everyone who has disappears from the website as if Championz scared them off like a bully....meanwhile other WSU fans ignore his outrageous posts and don't self regulate your own fans.

I think that the majority of the WSU fan base feels like WSU has "raised the bar" in most sports. I am one (and I know there are many others) who feel disappointed that (most of) the rest of The Valley hasn't tried harder to keep up.

It starts with excitement and enthusiasm of the coaches and administrators, followed by dedication and participation by the fan bases. Then community support catches on. Emphasize your legacies. Schedule up and challenge yourselves!

I like what Wardle is doing at Bradley.....building it up after burning it down. Results are not good this year, but if all of the above criteria stays strong, they could be back in the mix in a couple of years.

Here is the MVC All Sports page article. WSU won in 14-15 Season...
http://www.mvc-sports.com/awards/allspo ... q-JXvkrKM8

However, it seems a consistency from ISUr in all sports except for last year. 23 of last 25 years finishing top 3 with 12 all-sports crowns from ISUr!! Basketball is an obvious focus on this forum, but all sports it's a combo of three schools. The rest are slacking...

From the article:
"Either Illinois State, Missouri State or Wichita State, meanwhile, has earned the league’s all-sports championship trophy every year since 1995. Illinois State won five of six all-sports championships from 1996-2001, while Missouri State claimed the league’s trophy in 2001-02, 2002-03 and in 2011-12. Illinois State, meanwhile, saw its phenomenal streak of finishing in the Top 5 of the all-sports trophy race end at 32 years. Notably, ISU has 12 all-sports crowns and has finished first, second, or third in 23 of the past 25 years."

I would say Illinois State is holding it's own in improvement in all sports, except maybe basketball where we are consistently 3rd - 6th in the regular season.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball