Games for FEB. 2nd and 3rd

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Games for FEB. 2nd and 3rd

Postby Rollbird5 » February 3rd, 2016, 9:18 pm

ISU wins 78-70 and McIntosh continues to be a Beast! He's going to have to keep it up for us to stay in it on Saturday
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » February 3rd, 2016, 9:24 pm

unifight789 wrote:Washpun just dunked all over Mock

Here it is in gif form.

http://giphy.com/gifs/l2JI1AUXCin3w7FC0
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redhawk » February 3rd, 2016, 9:27 pm

Nice win by the Redbirds but can we talk about the elephant in the room?
There had to be less than 1000 people in the building and that included a lot of ISU fans.

That is embarrassing for the Valley Game of the Week. Was the smallest crowd I have EVER seen for a Valley game. Come on Rambler fans!!!!!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » February 3rd, 2016, 10:54 pm

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:
unifight789 wrote:Washpun just dunked all over Mock

Here it is in gif form.

http://giphy.com/gifs/l2JI1AUXCin3w7FC0

Seen players get technicals call for less time hanging on the rim
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby James_SIU » February 3rd, 2016, 11:00 pm

Redhawk wrote:Nice win by the Redbirds but can we talk about the elephant in the room?
There had to be less than 1000 people in the building and that included a lot of ISU fans.

That is embarrassing for the Valley Game of the Week. Was the smallest crowd I have EVER seen for a Valley game. Come on Rambler fans!!!!!

I wouldn't say it is an elephant in the room. It is pretty well understood that they don't really care about basketball. This is Chicago we are talking about. Not exactly your typical Midwestern basketball town like, Normal, Carbondale, Peoria, Terre Haute, Cedar Falls, Wichita, Ect. Not sure what would be considered a fix for this...Have the other Valley teams throw some games against them to maybe drum up some interest? There are just far to many other things to do in the city than watch a 3-8 team way on the north side of town. I don't see it as a problem at all. Would have been tough for any university to fill the hole that Creighton left behind. Also I think I heard in all 3 broadcasts tonight that it was the Missouri Valley game of the week. *shrug*

Oh and they average 1700 a home game. Next closest is Drake at 2900. So I will agree it is a big difference.
James_SIU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby ShoxNAwe » February 3rd, 2016, 11:20 pm

Just too much Fred. Period. 12 points, 11 assists.
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby James__SIU » February 4th, 2016, 12:09 am

ShoxNAwe wrote:Just too much Fred. Period. 12 points, 11 assists.

You could say a lot more about the game but yeah having 7 of the 8 best players on the court on the same team is going to equal a victory most of the time. SIU needed to shoot lights out and not turn the ball over to even make it competitive...20+ turnovers and 30% from the field. That was almost as embarrassing as being down 33 to WSU at Carbondale...Not one SIU player had a good game and that is all credit to the Shockers defense. I watched every second and the only enjoyable part from my perspective was listening to the Shocker broadcast team try and talk up any little thing that SIU did to try and create the illusion of drama in the second half.
James__SIU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby hot nuts » February 4th, 2016, 9:29 am

Watched that SIU/WSU game last night...Shockers have really put it in high gear, they looked awesome. SIU played hard and I thought pretty well but WSU just kept coming at them non-stop on both ends of the court. It's hard to see how anybody in conference can keep up with that barrage for for 40 minutes to beat 'em.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mathewson10 » February 4th, 2016, 9:46 am

Rollbird5 wrote:ISU wins 78-70 and McIntosh continues to be a Beast! He's going to have to keep it up for us to stay in it on Saturday

Which Big Ten school do you think he will transfer to next season? ;)
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Stickboy46 » February 4th, 2016, 11:01 am

hot nuts wrote:Watched that SIU/WSU game last night...Shockers have really put it in high gear, they looked awesome. SIU played hard and I thought pretty well but WSU just kept coming at them non-stop on both ends of the court. It's hard to see how anybody in conference can keep up with that barrage for for 40 minutes to beat 'em.

Ironically ... I bet today's practice will be a rough one for the team. WSU got out-rebounded by 17. It wasn't a great game for WSU .. yet still managed to win by 21.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball