One bid league?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: One bid league?

Postby TheAsianSensation » March 5th, 2016, 6:37 pm

Sidebar:

Northern Iowa is 7-3 against the RPI Top 100. And they're either going to win tomorrow or miss the NIT. My God, that's impossible. One of the most incredulous "achievements" I've ever seen.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby uniftw » March 5th, 2016, 6:50 pm

TheAsianSensation wrote:Sidebar:

Northern Iowa is 7-3 against the RPI Top 100. And they're either going to win tomorrow or miss the NIT. My God, that's impossible. One of the most incredulous "achievements" I've ever seen.

I'd think UNI is in the NIT

Record vs top 100. Top 100 RPI. Wins over 2 top 5 teams. 2 more wins over ranked opponents.

I also think WAU is in but that run down isn't wrong. No signature wins outside of Utah. A handful of losses that were iffy I also don't think he's wrong with the if WSU didn't make a run to the final 4 a few years ago they are much much further down in the discussion.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bryce » March 5th, 2016, 8:16 pm

WSU deserves to be in. If they are in my bet they make it to sweet sixteen.
bryce
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby glm38 » March 6th, 2016, 9:16 am

bryce wrote:WSU deserves to be in. If they are in my bet they make it to sweet sixteen.

They could. They have to shoot better though. Their defense is consistently good as always. But this year at times they have stretches where they can't throw it in the ocean. Can't do that at the big dance.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » March 6th, 2016, 11:57 am

Wsu fans will be the biggest uni panthers fans today
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUShock » March 6th, 2016, 2:47 pm

glm38 wrote:
bryce wrote:WSU deserves to be in. If they are in my bet they make it to sweet sixteen.

They could. They have to shoot better though. Their defense is consistently good as always. But this year at times they have stretches where they can't throw it in the ocean. Can't do that at the big dance.
The dreaded second half let down, where the team goes dry for 4 (most games) to 8 minutes (@ISUr) in the second half. Yesterday we went dry for 6 minutes and 17 or so seconds without a field goal while UNI made the most of it and converted on every possession during this period.

Go Valley!

Go Shocks!!
DUShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ShoxINDST » March 6th, 2016, 10:17 pm

I think WSU will be in. If not it's going to be a really difficult choice for them to replace them. All of the teams in the nation have been hit hard. This is the first that I can remember that everyone in Top 25 at least have 4 losses.
ShoxINDST
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Play Angry » March 7th, 2016, 11:10 am

Since a few posters enjoy posting each Jerry Palm update, it is worth noting that his statistical superior (although still not exactly a predictive stallion) Joe Lunardi has WSU still in the field this morning's update.

As a 7 seed.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheAsianSensation » March 7th, 2016, 11:16 am

Honestly, Lunardi's 7 seed is a worse projection than Palm's OUT. That's an aggressive stance on kenpom by Lunardi. They're both wrong, and the answer is somewhere in between them.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » March 7th, 2016, 1:33 pm

If you notice, though, Lunardi still doesn't have UNI in. So he must have completely missed Arch Madness.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball